St. Johns Public
Schools' Taking Flight new teaching mentoring program provides the following to
new SJPS teachers:
- Teacher mentors to all SJPS teachers in their first three years of teaching.
- Teacher mentors to any teacher new
to St. Johns, who has not previously had tenure in a Michigan District.
- Additional training, workshops, and discussions, both online and in person, in conjunction and collaboration with mentor teachers.
- Orientation to the St. Johns Public School district.
- Professional development on technology, curriculum, teaching techniques, and student engagement.
- Access to New Teacher Resources, accessible online in the SJPS Intranet. Contact person: Mark McKeown.
- Access to building resources (staff guide or staff resource book), accessible online in the SJPS Intranet.